The Best Gel Eyeliner (easy on the wallet)

Tuesday, 5 August 2014





There are two things in life I am always on the hunt for, the perfect pair of jeans, and the perfect matte black gel eyeliner. I have tried my fair share of gel eyeliners from drugstore to high end, and I have to say there is only one that scores a perfect 10 in my books and here it is ladies- the Waterproof Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black. Not only is it easy on the wallet, but it also comes with a fantastic liner brush (another money saver there!). I keep these little brushes even when the liner pots are empty.

If you have been keeping up with me, you may know that I have been loving the Benefit Push Up liner recently, and while it is still a favourite of mine, this one is much better for the price, and you get much more product. I also find that while the Push Up liner is so easy to use, travel with, and carry around, it can tend to be a little flakey, and so I must say that the Maybelline Gel Liner beats this one out too in formula!

Why- you may ask- is this gel liner better than the rest? Well let me tell you, no other gel liner has this perfect consistency. It is the perfect medium between too dry (where you cant draw your liner with one clean swipe) and too liquidy (I often create a bit of a mess with these type of liners). It just provides enough ease of hand without getting everywhere. On top of that, it is a very intense black formula that dries to a matte finish, and it dries so that it doesn't transfer (I have used gel liners that make me look like a raccoon at the end of the day). Whats more is the waterproof formula allows you to use this gel liner in heat, humidity, hell I've even gone swimming with it on! The eyeliner pot lasts me a long time, it has a lot of product in it, and it doesn't dry out too quickly either.

The packaging is beautiful, the clean glass pot with the black and silver colours make it look high end and beautiful. The brush that comes with it is small, precise, and stiff while being flexible enough to hug the lash line. If I were to make one small improvement I would prefer an angled brush, but this one is pretty great as is. Maybelline was spot on with this great product!

I hope you try this one out, it is one of my all time favourites.

3 comments:

  1. I love using gel liners, but ive only tried one - mac blacktrack fluidline! I must try some others :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, I just use my own brush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER