My Must Have Makeup Products- Guest Post

Monday, 4 August 2014


Hello lovelies! I was lucky enough to guest post on the amazing Becky's blog here yesterday and I wanted to share this post with the rest of you if you don't follow her already. You should definitely check out her blog it is fantastic. I also thought that it would be a great post to share because in my recent favorites post I had mentioned that my holy grail products tend to remain the same and I didn't want to include them in my monthly faves posts. So now you can check them out! 

Personally, I think the best beauty recommendations are products that people continue to repurchase. You know something is great if someone keeps rebuying it. So I thought a post on my must-have, holy grail, constantly repurchased beauty products would be a fantastic way to not only give you some great recommendations but also give you a good idea of what I like (a girl's beauty products say a lot about her right?). So lets get to it!


Lets start with face coverage products which for me includes a foundation, an undereye concealer and a face concealer. My absolute must have foundation is the Makeup Forever Matte Velvet+ (thats a mouthful). I love this foundation for its full coverage, velvety satin finish that looks like skin, and great lasting power. I always come back to this foundation no matter what other foundations I have tried. 

For concealers, under the eyes I swear by the NARS Creamy Radiant concealer. Now I have dry under eyes, and many concealers make the skin under there look crepey and wrinkly (not cute). This one has great coverage for any of those pesky dark circles and it is nice and moisturizing. I do set mine with a translucent  powder so that it doesn't crease on me throughout the day. Lastly face concealer, the Makeup Forever Full Cover is the best, it is waterproof, full coverage, lasts all day and blends out like a dream. It is a little pricey but honestly mine has lasted me a year! 


Next in line- powder. I always set my foundation, I find that it makes my makeup last longer and it helps any powders (bronzers, blush) I may put on after blend smoothly and evenly. I however do not want to look cakey (duh). These are my favourite tried and true powders to give your skin a "skin-like" finish. The Makeup Forever Super Matte Loose powder is what I like to use under my eyes, and sometimes all over my face in shade #12 which is translucent natural. I also love the MAC Mineralized Skin finish if you are looking for a little more coverage. 


My all time post purchased bronzer is Benefit Hoola. It is just the perfect shade of brown with golden undertones that I can use all year round (no matter what shade my skin is). It blends like a dream and is matte which is perfect for contouring or bronzing. If I had to choose just one blush it would be this one, Milani Luminoso which is the most beautiful peachy pink with a gorgeous shimmer that makes the skin look glowing.


For eyes I had to include my favourite lash curler which is the MAC one. I have tried many many lash curlers in my day and this is the best, high end, low end, you name it this one rocks. I also had to mention my Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. These are incredible I cannot rave about them more and if I didn't restrain myself I could write about them for ages. All you need to know is that they are creamy, pigmented, blendable eyeshadows for a drugstore price. They are so similar to my MAC eyeshadows. I chose 3 shades today, Creme Brulee, Frappe, and Peach Smoothie, but I love them all. 

For lashes I must have a waterproof one, first my lashes do not curl unless I use waterproof and second I have very watery eyes. I love the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express but honestly I use many drugstore brands, this one is what I have been using lately. For liner I have been addicted to the Benefit Push-up Liner, this is a little sample size that I got. I love a good gel liner and this one is really easy to use and travel with (no messy brushes and pots necessary). I also have to do my brows, I am lacking in the brow area and the Benefit Gimmie Brow is what I use everyday to fill them in, swipe swipe, easy peasy! 


Lastly lips. My everyday go-to lipstick is the Bite Beauty lipstick in Fig. I love the shade, it is a beautiful mauvy pink that I just think looks natural and beautiful. Glosses to top them off- NYX buttergloss in Creme Brulee and Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Rebel. Both gorgeous pink glosses that I use to top of most lippies!



xxJenna 


5 comments:

  1. Love the 3 mac shadows! I'll definitely check your blog out :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoola Benefit and The Falsies mascara are definitely in my top picks too! xx

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice x
    Serena from http://serenbird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER