Makeup Geek Pigments

Friday, 15 August 2014






I can't believe it is the end of another week! Where is the summer going?? I know I have disappeared this week but work has been so so busy and exhausting, and when I got home and the end of the day I have really been trying to make sure to fit in a workout, and then after of course I need a shower and then its bedtime! Finally I can sit and relax a little and catch up with one of my favourite things, posting on my recent beauty obsessions.

So if you know me at all, or have heard me talk about makeup, you will know that I am in love with Makeup Geek eyeshadows, they are my all time, favourite eyeshadows for so many reasons including their great quality and affordable price. I have convinced many, many friends and family to try out makeup geek and they have all been completely happy with their choice! It was natural for me to continue to try things from their line, and these pigments were a big winner for me so lets get into it.

A little overview on these, they are $6.99 USD, for 2 grams of product (which will last you a long, long time). I have tried 3 shades, first I purchased Afterglow about a year ago, and Utopia about 4 months ago and then Birthday Wish just this past month. I will say that these are a fantastic product for a fantastic price, mind you they are quite messy and I am not a huge fan of the packaging. Honestly when you screw off the lids there is pigment everywhere, all over the cap and in the sides, and the pots are so wide that spilling is very easy! I think they realized this because they started selling sifters for them seperately, which I bought, but the problem is you have to use about half of the pigment before you can put the sifter in or it is just too full! Mind you it is a small price to pay for such a great product, but I just thought I would mention that. I love the shade selection, there are more neutral shades, dramatic shades, and fun bright shades. They do last all day on my lid, especially if I use a primer. I did not use a primer at all for the swatches you see above, and they are extremely pigmented. If you spritz your brush with fix+ or a setting spray you will get a gorgeous metallic foiled application of these shades (a really easy way to take your looks from day to night). I did notice that they tend to vary in texture depending on the shade so I will also take you through each of the shades individually.

Afterglow
I purchased this pigment about a year ago so I have had a ton of time to play with this one and I have to say out of the 3 shades this is my favourite one. The texture is so creamy, so soft, and smooth. It is a very shimmery soft champagne shade that looks so gorgeous on the lid, you can take this and blend it out with a soft brown for the day, or bump it up at night and create a smokey look with this shimmery shade on the lid for a dramatic effect. I do not own any shades like this one, I am so in love with it (and about half way through it as well). It will definitely be on my repurchase list!

Utopia
I saw Jaclyn Hill use this shade in a tutorial and it looked so beautiful I needed to have it (I will link the tutorial here if you want to check it out). It is such a unique shade, kind of a blackish, brownish gold colour with big flecks of gold shimmer. It almost gives off a greenish tone as well, it is so interesting and intense. Mind you, out of the 3 shades I own this is the most difficult to work with. I wouldn't even go near this without a primer, the flecks of shimmer are so large that it just falls all over your face. I would really recommend a glitter glue with this, it will help the shimmer stick to the lid better and prevent fall out. I also find that the sifter doesn't work well with this pigment since the chunks of shimmer are too large to fit through the holes! I would seriously advise you to do your eyes first if you use this, then wipe off your face from fall out, and then do your face makeup. That said, once this is on, it is so beautiful and unique, and will definitely turn heads!

Birthday Wish
This is the most recent addition to my collection, it is a peachy, coppery, warm shade that works beautifully all over the lid. It is a neutralish shade, but yet it still draws attention. The texture of this one is more similar to Afterglow, smooth, creamy, and the shimmer is very finely milled. I am loving this shade day to day.

I really recommend these pigments, they are great quality and very affordable (I just wish they would change their packaging).

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Love all the shades, super gorgeous! Birthday Wish looks like my fave!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! xx I am loving that shade right now :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you got a chance to post! Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday wish looks like a gorgeous shade x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER