Current Favourite MAC Lipstick/ Lipgloss Combos

Friday, 8 August 2014

Happy end of the week beauties! I wanted to do something a little different this week and show you some of my current favourite lip combos. Mixing lipsticks and lipglosses is a fantastic way to create your own custom shade. Personally, I like to adjust mine to work well with my skintone- make it a little lighter, darker, more pinky or nude depending on the rest of my makeup and what looks good on me. So I have picked the 4 MAC lipsticks I have been wearing all the time, and I am going to show you what I would pair them with and the difference when you add the gloss. Alright- here we go!

MAC Creme in your coffee and NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee

I had to start with my current favourite and most worn shade. I haven't heard many people talk about this lipstick shade, Creme in your Coffee, but it is a lovely browny pink with purple undertones in it. What I really like to add to this shade is Creme Brulee Buttergloss by NYX, first off, the formula of the NYX Butterglosses is incredible, creamy, non sticky, and sheer to light colour payoff which is perfect to match with a lipstick. I love these together because the gloss adds the perfect amount of pink and nude to this lipstick to transform it into a mauvy pink. This is my perfect, everyday, go-to lip combo! I love that darker nudes are back in (thanks Kylie Jenner). 

MAC Fanfare Lipstick and BUXOM Lipgloss in White Russian


This is my all time favourite pink lip combo. I love MAC Fanfare, it is a beautiful warm midtoned pink, if I want a pink lip for the day- this is what I always go for. I really like this colour, but I think this lipgloss by Buxom in White Russian makes it even better, it gives it a really pretty milky pink colour and a glossy finish. This lipstick is great by the way for any lipstick that you want to slightly mute the colour of. It also gives the added bonus of plumping the lips!

MAC Creme Cup, Whitening Lighting Nude, NYX Butter Gloss Tiramisu

MAC Creme Cup was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought, needless to say there is a TON of hype surrounding this lipstick, it is a pretty light cool toned pink. But honestly the more MAC lipsticks I added to my collection the less I wore this shade, it is not the most complementary to my skintone, so I decided to start playing with glosses to customize my shade and I found some amazing combos. The first is with NYX Buttergloss in Tiramisu, which is a browny, pinky nude gloss and it really transforms this shade into a neutral pinky nude which I love on myself. The second gloss is Whitening Lightening gloss in Nude which is a warm brown nude and it creates this lovely warm browny pinky nude which I love as well! 

MAC Japanese Maple, Whitening Lightening Rose Hill. Smashbox Tease


Lastly I have MAC Japanese Maple lipstick which is a super nude warm peachy colour, this is great if you are very fair or want a very nude lip (maybe with a smokey eye). But mostly this shade is too light for me, it makes my lips disappear! My absolutely favourite thing to do with super nude lipsticks is to pair them with a really dark lipgloss to give a muted, milky version of the lipgloss shade. I chose 2 here, one pink (Rose Hill) and one purple (Tease). I love using dark more wintery type glosses to create really pretty summer shades! You can use any very nude lipstick and get this effect.

I hope you enjoyed those lip combos and have fun creating your own!

8 comments:

  1. Those are all great combos! I also love to mix my lip products, so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of 'creme in your coffee'! So pretty!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine!! I am so surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about this shade, it is so flattering!

      Delete
  3. I love mixing lipstick with lip gloss - my favourite combination at the moment is MAC Creme De La Femme with Tanya Burr Afternoon Tea x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo I will have to try that one out! I have been meaning to try out the Tanya Burr Lipglosses

      Delete
  4. I love those combinations! Perfect for the winter or summer :) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER