New Skincare Disovery!

Tuesday, 8 July 2014

For those of you that have been lovely enough to stick around for a while, you have seen this product make an appearance now and again, and I can't help myself because in my skin care world this is the end all be all of products. The Boscia purifying gel cleanser is the only wash that I will use on my face starting from about a year ago when I discovered it. As a beauty junkie- I do get the itch to try out new products, and I find that when I do my skin does not react well. It has the tendency to go back to the way it was, with sporadic breakouts throughout the month and uneven texture. Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that my skin is damn near perfect after using this cleanser because its not and I don't think it ever really will be. Some people just aren't blessed with perfect skin, I still get a breakout here and there, I still have a little bit of uneven texture on my cheeks but this is the best my skin has ever been so I am one happy girl.

When I was out shopping with my sisters we made our way in to Sephora (so shocking I know), and we were browsing the skincare section. I of course went straight to my coveted Boscia line to check out new products and a little sponge caught my eye! To be more exact, the Konjac Cleansing Sponge. I was quite intrigued by this product and I guess one of the ladies working there must have spotted my quizzical face and she immediately starting raving about it, saying how it is similar to the Clarisonic for your skin but much more gentle. Now let me start with a little story. 

At one point about a year and a bit ago I had seriously considered getting myself the Clarisonic with hopes that it would be the solution to my skincare problems. The price, however, made me hesitate a little. I decided to purchase the Olay Pro something or other which was like a little drugstore version of the Clarisonic and wow- my skin has never reacted worse to any product in my entire life. I am not saying that the Clarisonic would do the same, but it definitely put me off trying it for a while. I decided to change my face wash instead which I must say is one of the best decisions I have ever made (hello Boscia!). But I have still always been curious about the Clarisonic and how it would improve skin texture. Long story short- I am no longer in search of an everyday exfoliator!

On the Sephora website it explains some thing about this sponge so I will reitterate. "Konjac root is an Asian-cultivated, root-based vegetable that the Japanese have traditionally used as a detoxifying dietary staple, and as a calming, exfoliating sponge for delicate skin". If that wasn't enough for you I will go on "It is naturally alkaline and balances the acidity of the skin’s impurities and oils while being enriched with protein, carbohydrate, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and folic acid." 


Now let me tell you what my experience has been. The sponge is rock hard when it is dry, so I just soak it in warm water until it gets spongy and almost kind of jelly like (its a super cool texture), and squirt 3 pumps of my cleanser on the flat end and start working away at my face in circular motions. I can even use this on the sensitive skin under my eyes and on my eyes! It works wonderfully to take off makeup, my skin has never felt so clean, and smooth! It rinses of completely clean and you just hang it to dry. The exfoliation is super gentle, more gentle even than using a cloth on your face- but does it ever exfoliate! I think that it what I love about it, skin is sensitive especially on your delicate face and if you over stimilate the skin you may end up with the issues I had with my Olay cleanser, overproduction of oil leading to painful under the skin pimples that last for a long time (let me tell you). I have been using this every night and the only thing I have experienced is incredibly soft smooth clean skin! I am in love, this thing lasts for 2 months and let me tell you I am already thinking about repurchasing it. 










2 comments:

  1. This sounds fabulous and fun to use as well haha. I'm gonna have a look out for this, thanks for recommending xx

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER