Loreal Extraordinare Colour Riche Lip Colours

Tuesday, 15 July 2014





Hello everyone! I hope you all noticed my new blog design, and if you are a first time reader- I got a new blog design!! I am super excited about it, the lovely Floracrest and I conceptualized the design and she did a fab job making it a reality. She is so talented and a fantastic partner to work with, her information is on my side bar if you want to check her out.

Now on to this week's review. I have been searching for the perfect drugstore lipgloss for a long time now. I know everybody is raving about the Maybelline Colour Elixirs but honestly it was not my cup of tea. I find that gloss to be very very heavy, it is a very odd texture to me because it is very thick but yet also non sticky. It just feels very thick and gloopy to me now matter how little I apply (*sigh*). But many other people absolutely rave about them so they must be working for some! 

I decided to test out these Colour Riche Lip Colours. Sometimes I just go and grab a product that looks good without doing my research (oh what a rebel I am), and this was one of those purchases. After playing with it for a while I did check the website which did not actually have a lot to say other than it has "microoils (whatever that means) that infuse each pigment for colour richness". Now let me just say that the pigment of these glosses is amazing. I don't like my lipglosses to be TOO pigmented, where they come off like a stain (thats what stains are for). I like my glosses to be rich enough to wear alone but also pair nicely with a lipstick under and kind of mix together to create a custom shade. This gloss does that perfectly. Now onto the bad (well for me at least), the consistency of these is almost identical to the Maybelline Colour Elixirs! I could not believe just how similar they felt on the lips. The applicator is slightly softer and more spongy and doesn't have those ripples that the Maybelline ones do. 

So if you like the Maybelline Colour Elixirs and are maybe looking for some more shades you should check these out! I will still be on the hunt for the best drugstore gloss! If you have any recommendations please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! :) I will have to try them out!!!

    Come check out my blog sometime at www.imserenel.wordpress.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I wanna try these now! I love Nude Ballet! &hearts

    Visit Beauty's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a nude lip junkie! xx Jenna

      Delete
  3. All 3 shades look amazing! Definitely need to try these out :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you like them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER