MAC Mini Lipstick Haul

Thursday, 22 May 2014







Funny story, I went to my local MAC the other day looking for the new Alluring Aquatic Collection that came out and I must seriously have had my dates crossed because it didn't come out until next week! You know what happened after that, I ended up hanging around and swatching things in the store anyway- and walked out with 4 new lip products! I must have just been in a lippie kinda mood because I started looking at lipsticks that I thought would be nice for spring and summer. I do love my nudes and pinks so I ended up going with three lipsticks and one lip pencil that I thought would be great for everyday wear.

I love MAC lipsticks, they are all so lovely and feel amazing on the lips. MAC isn't my favourite place for glosses- but lipstick- yes please. I am mostly attracted to the Cremesheen formula, it feels so moisturizing, the tones are generally very wearable, and they look beautiful on the lips- fill in lines and imperfections- all that good stuff. Two of these were Cremesheen and one was a Luster which I can't say I've ever tried before but I was so attracted to the colour that I went for it, I always like to add a little something new.

MAC Japanese Maple
This is a Cremesheen that is described by MAC as a frosted light beige. Honestly I don't think thats a great descriptor of this liptick. Frosted? Maybe a little bit but it comes off as more of a shine than a frost. The shade I would describe myself as a peachy light nude, which is why I loved it so much. I have trouble with paler nudes mostly because they fall more into the pink beige colour tones that makes me look kind of dead to be honest. I love that this has that peachy undertone that just brings the face back to life. Honestly I don't usually wear nudes on their own, I layer them with glosses or other lipsticks, but this is the perfect base for the summer with a hint of peachiness!

MAC Fanfare
This little number caught my eye first. I do love a pink lip on myself, I think it brings so much brightness and life to the face and just looks pretty without being overwhelming. This is described by MAC as a midtone yellow pink, it is also a Cremesheen. This is just a really pretty warm pink that I can wear everyday with any look. It comes off quite opaque but also nice and moisturizing. Warm shades tend to look good on my skintone so I have really been loving this one. 

MAC Shy Shine
This is the lustre shade that is described as a shimmering mauve. I do agree with that description, it is a little bit of a pinky beigy brownish mix and the colour payoff is quite sheer. This would be a great nude for darker skin tones or a nice everyday pink for light to medium skin tones. I like this one because its easy to swipe on anytime and you get a little extra something on your lips. It does come off with a little bit of shimmer that makes the lips appear almost wet. I am enjoying this one so far, but I have to say it isn't my favourite of the bunch.

MAC Dervish 
I don't always wear lip pencils, but when I do I usually like them to kind of match the lipstick shade I'm wearing or perhaps slightly deeper. I loved this shade by MAC called dervish, it is a pinky rosey shade with a little bit of brownish tones in it too. MAC describes it as a pinky mauve. It is slightly deeper than my lips but is a really nice base to work with any pinks or wine coloured lipsticks. If I'm doing a nude lip this is a bit too deep but for most of my deeper pink shades it is perfect. It goes on incredibly smooth and its quite long wearing. 

7 comments:

  1. These shades look awesome! I'm so intrigued by the MAC Fanfare one.

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Its a great everyday pink :)

      Delete
  2. I love that Japanese maple shade, so perfect for everyday!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered it! A much more wearable nude for me, most of them make me look a little dead!

      Delete
  3. Love the nudes and my favorite is shy shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love nudes too its my go to lippie! Thank you for reading!! xx

      Delete
  4. Japanese Marple looks so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER