Revlon Lip Butters

Wednesday, 23 April 2014







You will always find one of the Revlon Lip Butters at the bottom of my purse, it is the perfect on the go lippie for me. Living in a cooler, drier climate I am usually in the midst of some kind of dry/chapped lip issues and so I normally carry around lip chap, gloss, salve, you name it- I got it. I always like to keep my lips protected from the weather, moisturized, and a pop of colour is always a big plus in my books. The Revlon Lip Butters are the perfect combination of sheer to medium coverage and luxurious creamy moisturization- and on top of that they have a great colour selection. I mean really who hasn't got their mitts on these little guys yet? What I love about a lippie to-go is that they are sheer enough that I don't need to stop in my tracks and grab a mirror to perfectly outline my lips, and that they give a brightness and colour boost to my face. These give my lips a really healthy look which is what I love. I will be the first to admit that as much as I love gloss, at times it can look a little bit goopy or a little heavy for the day time (to work and such) and these are the perfect option. They just give the most beautiful plumpness and moistuization to the lips that makes you look fresh and lovely.

I have owned a few of these shades in my time, one of them I have completely finished (pink truffle) that made its home in my work bag, and 2 of them I still have and am about half way through (peach parfait and berry smoothie). Each shade is a little unique in finish, the peach shade has a little bit of shimmer in it whereas the berry does not. They aren't going to last you all day, but I love reapplying them. I find that there is nothing that compares to a fresh coat of a lip product. The colour payoff of these 2 shades is medium, it isn't completely opaque but you do get a nice coverage. 

I decided to go out and pick a couple other shades and I wanted to step a little bit out of my comfort zone and get something that is a little more fun and spring appropriate. If you don't often play with colour, I would recommend starting with something like this that is sheer to medium in coverage. It makes any colour look more wearable. I decided to go with an orange shade and I had heard mumblings about the Juicy Papaya (I think at one time it was limited addition?) and this lovely lavender, Gumdrop. The Juicy Papaya is a nice orangey milky coral that is a little more sheer than the other shades I own which is why I added the swatches of the other two, so you could see what I mean. I like that though, it does make the orange look a little more daytime appropriate. Gumdrop is also on the sheer side, I don't find that particular tone of purple very flattering on myself, but it only gives a sheer wash of colour, there is a hint of pearl shine in it. My favourite purple shade still remains the NYX butter gloss in Merengue which is more of a pinky purple than a straight up lavender. 

Lip Butters are a great addition to your everyday collection. I always recommend Peach Parfait to anyone to brighten up their look. What are your favourite shades?

10 comments:

  1. I am a fan of these colours!
    They are affordable and look great!
    I have used a few in the past as quick grabs when I don't want to use my expensive lipsticks!
    xo Holly xo

    http://hollydolly88.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an awesome inexpensive option! I love to throw things like this in my bag for on the go:)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful colors!
    Do not have access to them so I have not tried them yet, but now I really want to get my hands on them! ^^

    Zsuzsy ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh darn! I hate when that happens, I always want to try brands like topshop that I don't have access to. Perhaps when you're on a little trip! I wonder if they have them online- ill have to check and let ya know!

      Delete
  3. Love these shades! Juicy papaya is my favourite :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely! I have been wearing that shade everyday (normally I'm a little scared of orange) but its totally wearable!

      Delete
  4. My faviorites are cotton candy and cupcake. They're such beautiful soft pinks. I'm going to have to go out and get these two colors, they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will def have to check those out! I do love a baby pink:)

      Delete
  5. My favorite shades are brown sugar and berry smoothie! I'm a huge fan of berry shades and I haven't tried gumdrop but I know that shades like that aren't flattering on my complexion. I've tried peach parfait but gave it to my mom because the glitter bits didn't do my dry lips any good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the brown sugar I will have to take a peak next time! I agree with you, gumdrop is a pretty tricky shade to work with. And the glitter bits threw me off a little too! But I like them for summertime, it gives a little bit of sparkle :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER