Current must-have products!

Sunday, 20 April 2014








Are these a little bit random for my "must-have" products? Maybe! But honestly these have become such staples in my makeup routine that I just had to share them with you. A forewarning: when I really love products I tend to ramble on about them forever, my sincere apologies... 

NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer
I did a post on the NARS creamy radiant concealer when I first started up my blog (and did a little bit of a pathetic job of it) but the point is that I have loved it for so long and I never get tired of it so here it is again! I have tried other concealers along the way and nothing compares to this one in my eyes. I started by using it under my eyes only, I swapped it out for my MAC prolongwear concealer which was looking a little dry under my eyes during the winter months and I never looked back. This is my perfect, holy grail, go-to concealer. It is the perfect consistency, creamy (implied), medium-full coverage, it has a beautiful natural finish to the skin, it blends so easily with a brush, fingers or a sponge, and it is very long lasting. I manged to find my perfect shade which is custard, now this shade has a bit of a peachy undertone which is perfect for correcting any undereye circles (I think I just got lucky because not all of the shades have a pinky/peachy undertone). I would not use this concealer as a highlighting concealer though, the reason for that is I cannot find a good shade. To highlight under the eyes I would need something that is 1-2 shades lighter than my skin with a pink or peach undertone. The colour one shade lighter than this is Vanilla which is far too light for me, and would cause my undereyes to look grey and ashy looking (not a cute look). So I use this specifically for everyday/ non-highlighting concealer. If I want to highlight I stick to my MAC prolongwear concealer which is a pretty intense full coverage concealer that comes in a wide variety of pink and yellow shades. I just make sure to moisturize under my eyes well and blend it in with my wet beauty blender. 
I also started using this concealer on my face on days when I was rushed and just needed slight more coverage on acne scars, blemishes, or areas of redness. This concealer happens to work beautifully for that as well. My method is to apply the concealer straight from the applicator to the spots and undereye circles and I go back in with my foundation kabuki brush (either the sigma F80 or the Real Techniques expert face brush) and press it in instead of sweeping it. Pressing any concealer into the skin will give you much fuller coverage. I always need to set my undereye concealer with a powder (it will crease, especially if it is a more moisturizing formula), I set mine with the MUFE super matte loose powder in translucent, or my NARS translucent crystal powder. I always work the powder in from the outside of the face to the inside (opposite of the way your crease naturally goes) with stippling motions to ensure that it will not budge. I do this with a very light dusting so that it does not look cakey. This stuff actually had good properties in it for your skin, it helps to hydrate, firm and reduce redness and has antioxidants in it (who doesn't want that?). If you can find your shade in it and your skin is on the dry to normal side I would really recommend giving this a go.

MAC Pigment in Tan
I do love pigments, they are so beautiful on the skin and this one is probably my favourite of all time. It is the perfect spring/summer shade. MAC pigments in general are beautiful to blend, very pigmented, contain the perfect amount of shimmer and just make you look like a glowing goddess. I love them compared to eyeshadows for the warm weather season because they are just so finely milled that they look glowing on the skin. I also love that if you spray them with a setting spray they look metallic and wet on the lids which is so gorgeous for the summertime. This shade in particular is my favourite, it is a brown/bronze with a hint of champagne and a pink undertone. It has the perfect amount of sheen/shimmer. All I do is take my lid shader brush (I use my Signma e55) tap a little pigment into the cap, press my brush in it so that the pigment gets into the bristles and press and sweep it on the lid and blend it out with a soft matte brown in the crease and you are good to go (of course priming your lids is a must). If you want it more intense you can wet your brush and apply it and you will be able to see more of the beigey/pink in it. It really just melts into the skin when you apply it. I also like to add a pop of my cheek highlighter colour on the ball of my lid to give it a more dramatic effect and really make your eyes pop. There are so many ways to play with this colour, it is my must-have shade for the warm season ahead. 
Looking for a dupe? Try Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush, it won't have the pink undertone but it is quite similar in colour and texture with more of an orange/copper undertone! See my post on it here.

6 comments:

  1. omg that mac pigment looks beautiful x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, it is just my absolute fave right now:)

      Delete
  2. Ahh I really want the Mac pigment in Vanilla! But Tan looks so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vanilla is a beautiful pigment as well! You could always grab the Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush which is very similar to MAC's Tan pigment only it has an orange undertone instead of a pink undertone. But the texture and colour is very very similar. That way you could get the Vanilla pigment as well! xx

      Delete
  3. Just found you're blog and im in love!!!!

    VogueBeautyxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER