Ambient Lighting Powder and Urban Decay Revolution

Tuesday, 29 April 2014










When these arrived at my door step I was like a kiddie on Christmas! I was so excited to get these in the mail. I had my little beady eyes on the hourglass ambient lighting palette when it came out during the holidays this year, but to my dismay it was completely sold out by the time I got to it. I do own one of the powders, mood light which I absolutely love but it was a whopping 50$! I really did want to try some other shades, but I could not decide which one would be my next pick and when I saw this palette come back at Sephora online I was on it before you could say "credit card". It was 67$ for the palette, though each shade is smaller in size than a single powder, you still get 3 shades in one place and my single has lasted me quite some time! The Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick was a little bit of an impulse by (she said shyly), that was a direct result of a post I was on the lovely Rosychicc.com. It looked like the perfect colour for spring and summer, a beautiful bright pinky peachy coral. I also own 2 other lipsticks from this line and they are just amazing.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder
As I said, I do own a single powder in Mood Light (the pinky shade) so I have had time to play with it, understand how to use it and really give it a good test drive. What I didn't realize is that doesn't really have anything to do with any of these other powders! They are each completely unique, and other than the texture, they are very different. I must say, they all do have almost the same texture, a very very smooth almost velvety light and soft feel- very luxurious. They are not the kind of product that you ask yourself why did I spend 50 bucks on this? They are the kind of product that you really feel like you got your money's worth. 

Now on to the palette itself. I think my favourite is dim light so I will start with that. For me, this powder can be used all over. It is actually kind of the perfect colour for my skin, it is described as a neutral peach beige powder. I use this pretty much all over my face very softly to set my foundation. It just gives this beautiful glow back to the skin especially if you use a matte full coverage foundation like I do. It just brings beautiful life back into the skin and makes you look healthy and refreshed and glowing. Even if your skin did not match this colour, I think they sheer out enough on the skin that it would not change the colour of your face. The next one is actually unique to this palette and you cannot buy a single one, it is called incandescent light. It is a light beige bordering on a creamy white colour that has fairly neutral undertones. It has more of a shimmer to it than the others and it meant as a highlighting shade which is how I use it, on the cheekbones, the nose, center of the forehead you know the drill... It is beautiful to me because it doesn't look overdone, like hey I put glitter on my face! You do not walk around looking like a disco ball and it does not look strange in the day time. It is the perfect highlighter for those who do not want something that is quite obvious, but is still beautiful and highlights areas of the face. Finally radiant light is a golden beige, it looks is quite a light peachy bronzey colour. I use this on my cheeks, almost like a blush to give my face a beautiful summer glow. I use it on top of blush, I also use it as an all over bronze to give my face a nice bronzed but glowing effect. It is great for the spring and summer season.

Overall, I love these powders, honestly I cant get enough. Having this palette is so convenient as well, all of the powders are in one place so I tend to use them all on my face in different areas! This kind of powder is so innovative, and beautiful I just can't get over it. I love them!

Urban Decay Revolution: Steak
I love this line by urban decay, Naked is a staple in my collection, I wear it almost everyday. The formula of these is top notch, creamy, moisturizing, pigmented and quite long wearing. I knew I would love any shade I chose, but this one is just perfect for this time of year. It is a very pretty coral, bright enough for summer, but not so bright that a bit of a more conservative lipstick wearer like myself would shy away from. I have to say though, this shade is a little less creamy and a little more sheer than the other two shades I have (Naked and Native), but I like it just as much, it is just a little more on the spreadable, sheer side. I think I like that for this shade because it is brighter than the others. I will be wearing this all through the warm seasons. I recommend any of the lipsticks from this line!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week and no one got the little sick bug that took away my weekend (though I did get to spend it in bed watching episodes of my favourite shows).

2 comments:

  1. That lipstick! I've been seeing a lot of ladies loving their nudey shades and I'd love one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it has become a definite staple in my collection lately! Glad you like it!:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments. I enjoy reading every single one!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER